How to Install Tally.ERP 9 on Mac OS/ MacBook Pro / MacBook Air Within a Few Moments
Can I use TallyPrime on my Apple machine? How can I download Tally.ERP 9 on my MacBook M1? Does Tally work on Mac OS or Tally for Mac available? Is Tally MacOS available? How can I run Tally on Mac?
The above ones are the most searched queries on the internet for installing Tally accounting software on an Apple machine.
But, a combination of Mac OS & Tally.ERP 9 / TallyPrime is like a dream that never comes true.
Whenever a client tries to install or download Tally software on its Mac Operating system, they end up with this error message – “You can’t open the applications because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on macOS”
So whenever someone asks – Is Tally compatible with Mac? Or Does Tally work on Mac?
The answer is NO.
If you find any link that claims “Download Tally for Mac,” then let me tell you it might be possible to be a spam link or a fake button. Because Tally Solutions never engineered any dedicated version of Tally for MacOS platform.
But, Why Installation of Tally On Mac Is Not Possible?
Unfortunately! Tally accounting software is not meant to run on Mac OS platform. This application is specially engineered for the Windows platform. Although, some indirect approaches or workarounds help to resolve the following queries of the users:
- How Can I download Tally ERP 9 on MacBook?
- Can Tally run on Mac?
- How to install Tally 9 on MacBook Pro?
- Does Tally ERP 9 work on Mac?
- What is Tally on Cloud for Mac?
- How to Use Tally on MacBook?
- How can I install TallyPrime for Mac?
- Can I run Tally software on MacBook Air?
- Is it possible to download Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.6 on macOS?
- How to install Tally.ERP 9 in Apple?
- Tally.ERP 9 download for Mac availability
Finally! Your Search for Tally On Mac Ends Here
Here, we will illustrate all the possible approaches to run or download Tally on Mac OS environment. Read this article till the end to get an in-detailed picture of all the methods. So you will know how to run Tally ERP or TallyPrime software on macOS environment.
So, let’s get started!
How to Install Tally.ERP 9 on macOS / MacBook Air / MacBook Pro?
It is evident from above that there is no dedicated approach to accomplish the same. Although, there are 4 indirect ways to run or download Tally on the Mac platform. All of them are discussed below in this section. So, let’s get started!
4 Ways to Install Tally On Mac
You can also watch videos to install Tally on MacBook for better understanding.
Let’s go through each method in detail with complete steps.
#Approach 1: Use of Tally Application On Cloud For MAC
One of the most cost-effective, most-straightforward, fastest, and most reliable ways to access Tally ERP / TallyPrime on the Mac Operating System platform is – Tally On Cloud technology.
However, You might find it a little surprising but most Mac users prefer to use Tally from the cloud as it is very facile to use and pocket-friendly.
Furthermore, there is no need to install or download any complicated tool, OS platform, and applications to access Tally software.
Generally, Tally on the cloud means that the Tally software is already hosted on the Tally cloud dedicated server. All you need is to have a Tally license, and the rest of the work is taken care of by the service provider. Adding to it, install the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to access Tally from the cloud on the Macbook Air/Pro machine.
NetForChoice is a leading data center company working in the domain of web and managed hosting. We provide a range of various services including Cloud-based Accounting Software with comprehensive resources at a very reasonable price.
The biggest advantage to using hosted Tally is that it does not slow down your Mac system and you can also use the Tally on your Mobile device, too.
Steps to Install Tally on Mac Machine Via. Tally Cloud Solution
- Step 1: Connect with the NetForChoice Sales team.
- Step 2: Get the Tally ERP software with the desired configuration.
- Step 3: Install Remote Desktop Application.
- Step 4: Access Tally over the Mac platform Via. Tally hosting
Apart from this, there are multiple reasons why NetForChoice Tally on cloud for Mac is best;
- Easy Configuration: Install Remote Desktop Client, enter your tally credentials, and start using Tally ERP on any OS like Linux, Windows, or Mac.
- Time-Saving: No complicated tools and applications installation. Hardly requires 5 minutes to configure and get started.
- Universal Access: Access anywhere, anytime anyplace. Even works on 3G networks, no need for fast internet connectivity to run Tally on mobile platforms. For more information, read to this blog – How to Access Tally from Outside the Office?
- Best Performance: Fast Tally cloud server makes sure your software is always running fast without utilizing the resources on your MacBook.
- Tally Backup: Cloud hosting facilitates the data backup facility. One can easily backup Tally data automatically on our secure and powerful servers.
- Homeland Protection: The facility of Homeland Protection prevents access to remote sessions from foreign attackers.
- Brute-Force Defender: Act as Brute-Force Defender to block suspicious or malicious IP addresses and limit failed login attempts.
- Permissions: Get Tally Application Control per user and/or per group.
- Working Hours Restriction: You can apply a policy to control the days as well as the time of accessing the remote servers.
- End-point Device Protection: Restricting the access by device name with the help of End-point Device Protection.
- Ransomware Protection: Promise to secure your Tally server from Ransomware attacks, one of the standard forms of cyber threats.
#Approach 2: Dual Boot Mac OS Client Machine
The dual-booting is a process where you will have two operating systems installed on your Mac and choose one at boot time.
A boot loading tool like Boot Camp allows the installation of Windows OS on the Mac machine. Here, you need to create a partition in the Mac hard drive and install the Windows Operating system. Then, in this guest Windows OS, download the Tally Software and work on it. So, whenever you open the machine, you need to choose Windows OS to use the accounting application and access all the Tally data files in parallel space.
Steps to Install Tally on Mac Via. Dual Booting
- Step 1. Install Boot Camp Assistant under the Utilities folder.
- Step 2. Download Windows 10 ISO disk image from the official site- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.
- Step 3. Now, click on Continue >> Continue.
- Step 4. Time to choose the Windows ISO image and pick the desired USB drive.
- Step 5. Keep a copy of your pen drive in another location because the Mac system will format it.
- Step 6. At last, click on Install to accept the partition size. Here, you can also choose the Divide Equally button to change the partition size between OS X and Windows. By default, Windows takes 32 GB.
- Step 7. Time to download Tally accounting software on Windows Partition.
- Step 8. Use Tally.ERP 9 on Mac whenever it is needed.
Hold On! Dual Booting Has Downsides Too
- You can’t use both OS simultaneously. Either you can use Tally or Windows or use something else on the Mac OS.
- You are wasting so much hard disk space for Tally. Suppose Tally utilizes 100 MB, but you will have to install a couple of GB for the Windows Operating system.
- You will have to pay for the license of Windows. So it will be an extra cost which you will have to pay.
- If you want to use Tally on 10 different systems, it is mandatory to perform the same process on all machines to access Tally.ERP 9. Ultimately it is a case of expensive upfront.
- Mac machine gets slowed down due to the installation of the guest operating system.
#Approach 3: Virtualization to Download Tally On Mac
Applications like Parallel Desktop, and vBox allow you to create a virtual machine(VM) on your Mac to download the Tally ERP. Inside that virtual machine, you can install Windows OS and use Tally just like dual booting.
Steps to Install Tally on Mac Via. Virtualization
- Step 1. Download – Parallel Box (Paid).
- Step 2. Install the tool on the Mac machine.
- Step 3. Select either to install from CD or Pen-drive or directly purchase the Windows license.
- Step 4. Install the Windows OS on the MAC machine.
- Step 5. Download the Tally accounting application on it.
- You can use Windows-based Tally and other Mac-based software simultaneously.
- Flexible to Use.
- Need to Pay for MS Windows license.
- Slow down your MacBook Air / Pro by huge consumption of resources like RAM, hard drive space, and more.
# Approach 4:- Cross-Platform Tools– Crossover or WineBootler
In this method, we use tools like Crossover or Wine. These applications allow you to run Windows applications over the Mac OS platform. Basically, these tools create a layer between the Windows application and Mac OS.
- It provides flexibility and there is no need to install the Operating system.
- Don’t require to pay a license for Windows.
- Cumbersome to install and configure.
- Not sure if it will be working 100% or not.
- If a newer version of Tally comes, it will not be working anymore. You again need to perform the entire procedure for the installation of the new edition.
- Wine is a 32-bit program that won’t install on MacOS Catalina. In such a situation, you have to go with the workarounds mentioned above.
Final Say On How to Install Tally ERP 9 on Mac OS!
No matter in which business you are, accounting work must be there. This job can be easily done with the prominent Tally.ERP 9 software. But the same ERP is not devised for Mac OS. Due to this, people are looking for how to download Tally On Mac to use it.
After considering this issue, we have discussed all the appropriate ways to help a user run Tally ERP on MacBook Air/Pro in this article. However, all the professionals are always suggested Tally hosting on a cloud for the MacBook user to work with it.
Rest, it is all up to you which workaround you will use to work with Tally for Mac platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no Tally ERP or TallyPrime designed for the Mac platform. Most of the information regarding this is fake, all over the internet.
Yes, you can use Tally on Mac machine. However, it is only possible when you use any of the below-mentioned techniques:-
- Tally on Cloud for Mac
- Dual Booting
- Operating System Virtualization Technique
- Use of Crossover & WineBottler
Connect with NetForChoice along with your requirements fill out the Query form.
Yes, it is possible to use any version of Tally accounting software on macOS platform.
3 Steps to work with Tally on MacBook Air:
- Step 1. Download & Configured MS Remote Desktop.
- Step 2. Establish an RDP Connection with Authentic Credential.
- Step 3. Start Using Tally by Clicking on Its Icon on the Dock.
Tally is not free for commercial use. However, you can download it for free but only for educational purposes. Yes, the Educational version of Tally is available free of cost.
- Step 1. Type Download WineBottler on your search engine.
- Step 2. Go to this site – https://winebottler.kronenberg.org/.
- Step 3. Now you will get a different version of WineBottler as per your Mac edition.
TallyPrime can work on Mac / MacBook / MacBook Air / MacBook Pro using the Tally cloud computing, as mentioned in the above guide.